As the software market continues to reward those that embrace fast-paced change and capitalize on the latest technologies, successful application producers adapt to industry changes quickly, get to market faster, and deliver engaging customer experiences. Over 100,000 developers around the world trust InstallShield to help them implement the latest installation technologies, continuously build and maintain their installers, and design installation experiences that deliver great first impressions of their solutions. InstallShield® is the industry standard for development teams creating installers for Windows desktops, servers, and cloud platforms. Software installed with InstallShield is used on more than 500 million PCs and servers.
Whether supporting standalone applications or complex software bundles, InstallShield provides an intuitive development interface to develop MSI and EXE installers, create UWP and WSA packages, and virtualize applications with minimal scripting, coding, or rework. InstallShield also helps application producers prepare their applications for emerging deployment scenarios like the Windows Store and Nano Server.itowej.
- Develop MSI and EXE installers, and create Universal Windows Platform (UWP) and Windows Server App packages with minimal scripting, coding and rework.
- Prepare applications for emerging deployment scenarios like the Windows Store and Nano Server.
- Enhance the customer experience by making Windows Installer and UWP desktop applications “pop” on the Windows 10 Start screen with vibrant tiles.
- Use multi-tier installation templates to deploy Web/server applications as a single cloud-ready package
- Deploy to hybrid cloud databases with Microsoft Azure SQL Database support
- Support enterprise application virtualization adoption by validating compatibility and creating Microsoft App-V packages
- Comprehensive support for Microsoft Windows 7 & 8.x and Windows 10 – the fast, easy way to build Windows installers
- Create installations directly within Microsoft Visual Studio
- Support enterprise customers with ISO 19770-2 software inventory tags, PowerShell scripting, and Sideloading of Windows Store Apps
- Create installers that match your company and product branding with InstallShield's Advanced UI editor
- Support continuous release processes by streaming the latest updates and patches at install time, ensuring users always install the latest version
- Localize installation text in 35 different languages
- Add FlexNet Code Aware into your InstallShield build process to quickly scan your product to help expose and assess intellectual property and security vulnerability risks before your product ship.
- Open Source Software Detection and Risk Assessment*– Make InstallShield your first line of defense against potential OSS vulnerabilities. One fast, automated scan identifies OSS components in the project. Know your licensing obligations and make informed ship/no-ship decisions.
- Windows Installer (MSI) Installations – Quickly and easily create Windows Installer (MSI) installations with advanced support for SQL databases, enhanced options in IIS view (Premier and Professional editions only), XML editing and much more with InstallShield’s intuitive graphical development environment.
- Custom Bootstrappers to Bundle Universal Windows – Suite/Advanced UI installations bundle Universal Windows Platform app packages, MSI installers, EXE setups, Web Deploy packages and more into a single installer for simple installation by your customers. Enhancements offer more control for suite installation authors. Installers can be bundled with their dependencies, server configuration tasks, PowerShell scripts, and all the required components of a complex installation.
Comparison of InstallShield products and their functionality