PhishMe - a leading provider of phishing defense solutions - today announced information about changing the company name to Cofense. This change is a consequence of the acquired of PhishMe by Private Equity Syndicate. The acquisition by a private equity consortium valued the company at $400 Million.
“PhishMe was founded to challenge the cliché that people are the weakest link in security. Our 1700+ enterprise and mid-market customers affirm that not only can their employees be conditioned to be less susceptible to cyber-attacks, but, in fact they can be turned into sensors that provide very timely intelligence” said Rohyt Belani, CEO and Co-Founder of Cofense. “The Cofense solution set leverages internal employee-generated attack intelligence in concert with purpose-built response technologies to break the attack kill chain at delivery. This acquisition further strengthens the alignment between our management team, employees, and investors as we focus on building an enduring company. With cybersecurity a top priority for organizations everywhere, our goal is to continue bringing innovative products to markets around the globe to help stop active attacks faster than ever.”
Cofense now has the added backing of multiple private equity firms to support future innovation via organic and inorganic growth initiatives. With hundreds of enterprise customers in more than 50 countries and across 23 industry verticals, Cofense will continue to deliver leading solutions in phishing defense by offering solutions that sit at the intersection of human intelligence and technology.
The new identity and acquisition comes on the heels of another year of explosive growth for the company, with major milestones including:
- Approximately 80% revenue CAGR over the last four years
- PhishMe Reporter® deployments on over 10 million end users’ work stations
- Launch of an industry-first free simulation tool, PhishMe Free™, geared towards the SMB market
- Continued global expansion with new offices opening in Australia, Singapore, Dubai, and Saudi Arabia
- Expanded partnerships through its Technology Alliance Program (TAP), adding 14 of the world’s leading security providers.
Cofense’s unique approach and stellar management team won a number of industry accolades in 2017, including:
- Being positioned as a leader in the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Security Awareness Computer-Based Training
- Ranked for a third year running in the Deloitte Fast 500
- Recognized as a 2017 Fastest Growing Company and a Best Place to Work by Washington Business Journal
- PhishMe CEO and Co-Founder, Rohyt Belani, received the EY Entrepreneur of The Year® Award in the Security category in the Mid-Atlantic region, was named a 2017 Washington Business Journal 40 under 40 honoree, and a 2017 Tech Titan by Washingtonian Magazin
- PhishMe CTO and Co-Founder, Aaron Higbee, was named a 2017 Loudoun Business Journal 40 under 40 honoree, and a 2017 Tech Titan by Washingtonian Magazine.
You can find more information about Cofense here.
Download the free DEMO available here.