Parallels unveiled Parallels Mac Management 5.0 for Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), which extends Microsoft SCCM functionality, offering the easiest and most cost-effective solution to manage and control both PC and Mac computers with ease through one pane of glass.
Parallels Mac Management 5.0 for Microsoft SCCM now supports the Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP) enabling businesses to seamlessly set up and provision new Mac computers for their employees. Apple DEP allows IT managers to configure devices without touching them, while the setup experience is streamlined and simplified for end users.
“Today’s businesses are OS agnostic, and managing both Mac and PC using different tools can be challenging, so it is crucial that we make it as simple and easy to use as possible for IT admins,” said Jack Zubarev, Parallels president. “Supporting Apple DEP continues to show our ability at Parallels to cater to both sides of the OS world between Microsoft and Apple, further bringing them together.”
The addition of the Apple DEP is not the only update that helps streamline and centralize enterprise IT operations. The latest update also features support for macOS Sierra and Microsoft SCCM 1610, and Windows Server 2016 with new Mac admin tools for IT managers, which improve deployment processes and device management. Other new tools to help IT admins include new script commands, a Mac Client push installation and inventory collection.
Parallels Mac Management 5.0 for Microsoft SCCM empowers IT administrators and system architects, as well as CIOs, to quickly and cost-effectively extend their current Microsoft SCCM infrastructure to control Mac and PC computers through one interface. IT departments can customize the options based on demand, without the significant time and expense of an additional infrastructure. The update enhances the simple and powerful plug-in, providing features for planning hardware refresh cycles accurately, and empowers IT administrators to easily make their Mac computers more secure using advanced encryption techniques.
Parallels Mac Management 5.0 for Microsoft SCCM Features:
Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP) Support
- In combination with a unique integration with Microsoft SCCM, support for Apple DEP enables IT managers to seamlessly set up and provision new Mac computers
- IT admins can enroll devices without touching a computer, streamlining deployment and simplifying setup experience for users
New Mac Admin Tools
- Execute Script Command allows IT managers to send commands or scripts to select Macs
- Parallels Mac Client Push Installation can be used as an alternative means to deploy the client and enroll Mac into Microsoft SCCM
- Inventory Collection on Request enables IT administrators to collect hardware and software inventory to see changes without waiting for a scheduled inventory polling cycle to occur
Availability and Pricing
- Parallels Mac Management 5.0 is available on Nov. 10 and is all inclusive at $30 annually per Mac.
Parallels, a global leader in cross-platform solutions, makes it simple for customers to use and access the applications and files they need on any device or operating system. We help businesses and individuals to securely and productively use their favorite devices and preferred technology, whether it’s Windows®, Mac®, iOS, AndroidTM, Chromebook or the Cloud. Our solutions enable seamless delivery of virtual desktops and applications to any device, running Windows on a Mac, Mac management with Microsoft SCCM, and remote access to PCs and Macs from any device. Parallels has offices in North America, Europe, Australia and Asia.